Don’t miss your chance to share your love of quilting by entering a few of your favorite quilts in our 2020 quilt show. Don’t stress! You may choose to have your quilts judged (to get some great feedback and suggestions) or you may enter them in a Display Only category. This year Challenge quilts will also be judged! The important thing is to enter! Register today!
- 2020 Entry Requirements
- 2020 Entry Requirements
- 2020 Categories
- 2020 Quilt Show Categories
- Register your quilts
- Follow this link for downloadable registration forms.
- 2020 Registration Form
- Follow this link to register on-line. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSNRigOShjvfYity4BUWX1rrteZF-EuhUrQRxMEMgP9VZVBw/viewform
- You may mail your entry or turn it in at any general meeting. All entries must be accompanied by a 4×6 color photo and an Entry Fee of $5.00 (FIRST ENTRY IS FREE). CASH OR CHECK ONLY. The quilt does not need to be completed prior to submitting the entry and photo.
- Hanging sleeve requirement: All quilts wider than 20 inches must have a 4” wide sleeve. Also a sleeve must be placed at 90” if your quilt is longer than 110”.
- Quilt Take-in:
- Monday, February 3, 2020 from 9 AM-100 PM. Location: Wickham Park Community Center, 2815 Leisure Way, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Quilt Judging: February 4-5, 2020
- Quilt Show setup: February 6, 2020
- Quilt Show: February 7 from 9 to 5 and February 8 from 9 to 4.
- Quilt Return: On Saturday, February 8th, after the show ends and quilts are removed from the hangers. Plan to pick up your quilts starting around 5:00. Be sure to bring your purple return form.
Would you like to volunteer?
- Signup will be at the January 22nd Seaside meeting.
- Buy some opportunity quilt tickets!
- Make a small quilt for the raffle: maximum size 16” X 16” with a 2” hanging sleeve
All members are expected to donate at least 1 item to be sold at the Quilt Show. What kind of items do we need?
The Boutique is our gift shop, selling new, finished quilting or sewing-related items to the public. Think purses, small quilts, baby and child items, Christmas items, etc. It is preferred that these items are handmade, not purchased. Contact Luanne Halleran at email@example.com
The Small quilt raffle hopes to receive 40 quilts, maximum of 16 X 16”, and sell raffle tickets at $1/1 ticket or $5/6 tickets. Contact Diana Whitson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Silent Auction section will accept 20 items or baskets to raffle off to the highest bidder. These do not have to be sewing related! Think wine, coffee, spa, gift certificates, etc. This is where Seaside’s family members can contribute to the inspiration that is quilting. Contact Pam Nelson at email@example.com
Every attendee will receive a program on admission. The cost of this is paid for by program ads.
Quilt Show Program Advertising – We need your help! We rely on advertising to defray the cost of printing the programs for the Quilt Show. Please think about asking your favorite restaurant manager, handyman, beautician, manicurist, pool care specialist, etc. to advertise in the program. You can tell them that it’s a great way to get their name and services in front of the thousands of people who attend the show.
Advertising prices are a bargain:
$30 for a business card,
$125 for a half-page
$200 for a full page.
Claire Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org, 321-223-5270) can lend you a copy of the 2018 program to show to a potential advertiser. The deadline for placing and paying for an ad is December 31st.
Checks should be made out to Seaside Piecemakers Inc., and sent to Julie Wolf, Treasurer, Seaside Piecemakers Quilt Show, P.O. Box 372761, Satellite Beach, FL 32937.